Everyone is a member of the St. Pius X School community and Parent Club. the overall purpose of the Parent Club is to facilitate, encourage, and ensure ongoing community building by providing activities, fundraising events and service to the parish school. Parent club is a vehicle supporting communication between home and school, offering a mechanism for parent education and serving as a resource for political action when needed.
Research indicates that parent voluntarism in school enhances student self-esteem, increases academic achievement and cognitive development, and improves student behavior and attendance. Parents are valued partners in extending and enriching the educational program and come to know they make a difference through contributions of time, talent and treasure. Parent involvement allows staff to draw upon supplemental and often unique adult resources and expertise.
Parent Club Goals and Responsibilities
- Parent Club maintains a positive relationship between home, school, parish and community and promotes the school
- Parent Club unites parents in a common appreciation of Catholic education
- Parent Club provides service to the school for school needs
- Parent Club is responsible for organizing and conducting fund raising activities that support the school.
- The Parent Club disburses the income raised to the operating budget of the school.
- Parent Club provides a forum for parent interaction and knowledge about the school
- Parent Club offers programs that provide social interaction, education, and information of particular interest to parents/students
- Parents must have a current background check and Safe Environment certificate on file in the school office.